GTI Tourism is looking for an account manager to join our sales and marketing team.
Working across a series of travel clients (including but not limited to Papua New Guinea and Seattle Tourism), your role is to ensure proficient delivery of a range of marketing and trade initiatives, to assist in wider agency projects (including digital marketing and partnership campaigns), to develop and maintain strong industry contact and to host famils in destination.
The perfect candidate is an experienced sales and marketing account executive or a senior account executive looking for a new challenge. Confident, outgoing; you are able to build strong relationship quickly. You must have travel industry experience, a strong team spirit, and have a proven track record in delivering successful integrated campaigns.
You are highly organised with strong time and workload management skills. You are energetic and motivated and passionate about travel marketing.
- Manage the development and execution of marketing and sales activity plans for your nominated clients, with direction from the relevant client Account Director
- Manage budgets with direction from the relevant client Account Director
- Confidently communicate with clients and travel industry partners via email and phone/Skype, and face to face
- Develop and manage industry events, roadshows, trade shows and consumer shows
- Keep across relevant tourism industry updates, market news and competitor activity, and ensure this information is reported on and communicated appropriately
- Complete activity and campaign reports for clients in a timely manner
- Complete an annual ‘state-of-the-market’ report and brochure/product audit for each of your nominated clients
- Prepare travel trade famil itineraries, and host where required
- Undertake other administration tasks as required by your clients or line manager/s
Maintain industry relationships and contacts:
- Maintain and develop existing industry relationships, ensuring continued support of co-op activity and increased product offering
- Proactively identify and target new industry contacts for your clients to increase availability of destination and product
- Conduct regular meetings with these contacts and report outcomes/notes to your line manager/s and client
- Work with your line manager/s to identify priority trade partners (e.g. airlines, volume sellers, industry bodies) and schedule in regular meetings
- Plan and manage direct-to-consumer marketing projects for your respective clients, including proposal writing, asset collation, copy writing, client & partner communications, and end-of-campaign reports
- Proactively identify new consumer marketing opportunities and draft proposals to secure budget for these opportunities
- Content creation and dissemination for a variety of channels
- Update client consumer websites and social media pages where required
Trade marketing and training:
- Implement travel trade marketing projects, including proposal writing, asset collation, copy writing, client & partner communications, and end-of-campaign reports
- Conduct regular training sessions with reservations staff and frontline travel agents, including preparing training presentations
- Write trade e-newsletter copy and prepare appropriate assets
- Update client trade websites and social media pages where required
Agent famil trips & events:
- Co-ordinate agent famil trips and events, and attend where required
- Gather post event/famil feedback and share with client
- Be a professional ambassador for GTI Tourism at all times
- Assist with new business proposals where required
- Assist with wider agency projects (including digital and partnership campaigns)
- Attend relevant industry networking events, to increase GTI Tourism’s profile
- Prioritise tasks assigned to you and efficiently manage your time and workload
- Deliver all tasks on-time and in a professional manner
- Adhere to GTI Tourism admin processes for timesheets, expenses and other procedures
BUT WHAT ARE WE REALLY LOOKING FOR? SOMEONE WHO…
- has excellent interpersonal and communications skills – ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels – including senior management, clients and travel industry partners
- has excellent written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- is confident communicator with strong presentation skills
- has strong work ethic, with willingness to work flexible/additional hours and travel where required (e.g. trade shows, events, famils)
- is highly organised with strong time and workload management skills
- is energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about travel marketing
- is mature, and has a professional and likeable personality
WHAT ELSE IS IMPORTANT?
- We will be looking for someone with the right personality for our team and our clients. The successful candidate will have a malleable approach and able to wear many hats and flex style according to client and audience by the day, and by the minute!
- Be down to earth, warm, friendly, straight-talking and passionate about doing a brilliant job.
- You should also be well travelled and comfortable with travel as part of your role and the somewhat flexible hours this may entail!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via LinkedIn