Vanuatu Tourism Office – Instameet June 2016
Following a challenging period for Vanuatu post Cyclone Pam in March 2015 and ongoing runway issues with Port Vila’s international airport, raise awareness that Vanuatu is open for business, drive bookings and increase Australian knowledge of Vanuatu as a couples’ holiday destination beyond the Port Vila resort experience. Increasing owned content, including images and video and driving consumers to Vanuatu Tourism Office’s social media platforms was also important.
As a part of a wider integrated marketing and PR campaign, GTI coordinated Vanuatu Tourism Office’s very first Instameet, hosting eight digital influencers on the islands of Efate, Espiritu Santo and Tanna.
We worked closely with high profile influencer, Lauren Bath, who is known as Australia’s first professional Instagrammer to recruit eight influencers who would fit the destination and the brief. They were selected based on their professional photography style; to produce high quality content, and their large community of followers; to reach a mass audience.
The campaign focused on the hero theme “discover what matters” and that “it’s been right in front of you all along”, with all content connected via the use of the hashtag #DiscoverVanuatu.
The famil itinerary was created in close collaboration with Lauren Bath and designed specifically with these influencers in mind to generate the best photographic content of the destination.
- Produced 200 Instagram posts, surpassing the KPI of 147
- Received 406,730 online impressions, 126,730 more than forecasted
- 8,591 comments were made on the influencers’ posts
- The influencers’ posts received 398,139 ‘likes’
- VTO’s own profile on Instagram grew from 1,771 followers to 3,930, a growth of 2,159 followers, beating the KPI for growth of 1,000
- Three blog posts were written
- Eight vlog posts were created
- Two videos were developed
- September 4, 2016