LATAM also introduces a new Latin American wine list following a selection process involving over 500 wines from the region
02 September, 2016 – LATAM Airlines (‘LATAM’), the official airline of the largest food fair in Latin America, Mistura 2016, today launched its new culinary offering and wine list for passengers travelling in Premium Business and Premium Economy classes on international routes.
The new menu and wine list reflect the company’s commitment to showcasing the region’s produce and culinary culture to the rest of the world.
“Gastronomy, for many, is one of the most important aspects of the travel experience and is an enriching way to connect to a culture,” said Jerome Cadier, Marketing VP of LATAM Airlines Group. “At LATAM, we want to celebrate the ingredients and producers of Latin America. That’s why our menu and wine selection reflect the identity and variety of flavours of the continent, which has become a world-renowned culinary destination.”
The new inflight menu incorporates local ingredients from each country where LATAM operates and features special dishes for each route. Attention has been paid to ensure that the quality and origin of the ingredients are respected, so that passengers can enjoy the best representation of the produce during their flight.
The ingredients used for flights departing from:
- Oceania: Seafood: crayfish and Tasmanian salmon. Meat: lamb
- Chile, Argentina and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil): Seafood: salmon, seabass, oysters and Patagonian king crab. Meat: beef shoulder, rib cap and flat iron steak. Fruit and vegetables: quinoa, wheat berries, barley and lucuma
- Brazil: Seafood: cobia and pirarucu fish. Meat: rump steak. Fruit and vegetables palm hearts and Brazil nuts
- Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico: Seafood: octopus, shrimp, crayfish, seabass and trout. Meat: lamb. Fruit and vegetables: passion fruit
- United States: Seafood: smoked salmon, oysters, trout and codfish. Meat: organic chicken and lamb. Fruit and vegetables: quinoa
- Europe: Seafood: smoked tuna, codfish and monkfish. Meat: Iberian ham, Parma ham, black Iberian pork, veal and lamb. Fruit, vegetables and cheeses: quinoa, cheese from local cooperatives and buffalo mozzarella
The best wines of the Southern Cone
For its new wine list, LATAM Airlines renewed the selection in its premium cabin classes to feature original wines exclusively from Chilean and Argentinean producers. With wines from Uco and Salta in Argentina as well as from Colchagua and Limarí in Chile, the list represents the diversity of the region’s geography, terroir and growing conditions, with influences ranging from the arid Altiplano and the cool Pacific coast to mountains and valley plains.
“Our goal was to create a wine list of international quality that represents the original wines and latest trends being developed in this part of the world. The list is the result of a comprehensive selection process involving over 500 renowned and award-winning wines, carefully chosen to pair with our inflight menu,” said Héctor Vergara, the only Master Sommelier in Latin America and a consultant to LATAM Airlines for 18 years.
“We also understand that at 30,000 feet the cabin pressure affects sensory perceptions. Therefore, we selected wines that are naturally more fruity, fresh and light-bodied – and express the characteristics of the grape – that passengers can enjoy more easily onboard,” he added.
The new menu and wine list are available in the Premium Business cabin on LATAM’s international flights on Boeing 787, 767, 777 and Airbus A350 aircraft. Part of the menu and wine list is also available in Premium Economy on Airbus A320 aircraft (A319, A320 and A321) on international flights.
LATAM Airlines’ new inflight menu
From September 2016, LATAM’s Premium Business menu for flights operating from Australia and New Zealand will be:
- Grilled prawns, red quinoa salad with avocado and paprika oil
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Loin roast lamb, grilled polenta, fennel and green beans sautéed
- Grilled salmon with citrus, grapefruit with orange sauce and roasted pumpkin
- Salad with Prosciutto, bocconcini, asparagus, olives and a variety of lettuces
- Panna cotta with raspberry sauce
- Fruit selection
- OOB organic ice cream
For more information visit Latam.com